23 May 2017 - 24 May 2017
The Government Working Group for the Co-ordination of Research, Foresight and Assessment Activities, will be led by Taina Kulmala, Head of Unit for the Finnish Prime Minister’s Office and will include representatives from the Ministry of Foreign Affairs, Ministry of Justice, Ministry of Environment and Ministry of Agriculture and Forestry.
The working group will gain further insight into the IIASA programs and research themes that are relevant to their ministries and will learn more about IIASA collaborations, including projects with policy impacts that involve regional and national government stakeholders. Further discussions will focus on how IIASA works with international research partners and how IIASA can promote projects involving international data acquisition.
IIASA and Finland
Since 2008, IIASA has intensified its collaborations with Finland resulting in new research projects, significant interaction with Finnish policymakers, and growing scientific exchange through people. New projects have included an integrative assessment of plausible futures of the Arctic, a study of Finland’s resilience to a range of global shocks, structural change in the Finnish economy, and how to make more efficient use of Finland’s bioenergy resources. Interactions have taken place between IIASA researchers and the Prime Minister’s Office, a range of ministries from Defence to the Environment, as well as with Finnish corporations.
List of Delegation Members
- Taina Kulmala, Prime Minister’s Office
- Ossi Piironen, Ministry for Foreign Affairs
- Venla Salmi, Ministry of Justice
- Harri Martikainen, Ministry of the Interior
- Ilkka Turunen, Ministry of Education and Culture
- Suvi Ryynänen, Ministry of Agriculture and Forestry
- Pirjo Karttunen, Ministry of Transport and Communications
- Seppo Kangaspunta, Ministry of Economic Affairs and Employment
- Laura Höijer, Ministry of the Environment
- Sari Löytökorpi, Prime Minister’s Office
- Risto Alatarvas, Prime Minister’s Office
- Sanna Malkki, Prime Minister’s Office
- Laura Kitti, Academy of Finland
Last edited: 22 May 2017
Info Sheet on IIASA Activities with Finland
International Institute for Applied Systems Analysis (IIASA)
Schlossplatz 1, A-2361 Laxenburg, Austria
Phone: (+43 2236) 807 0 Fax:(+43 2236) 71 313